Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sunshine in Lumby BC

 They are not the greatest pics but I took these with my cell phone last week while I was in Lumby BC visiting a friend.

You can see with the pics that it was a beautiful sunny day in the rural landscape. Clear blue skies with wispy white clouds, a little bit of low lying fog, sun shining off of the clean white snow in the fields and the mountains in the background. Beautiful image!

5km outside of Lumby towards Mable Lake.
There wasn't too much traffic on the road so I could have stopped to take much better pictures but there was not much in the way of a shoulder to pull off onto because of the snow. I didn't want to end up blocking the road just in case of any traffic. Even in a rural place there can be "road rage". Both of these pictures were taken quickly with my cell phone while still on the move.

I know, I know. Cell phones and driving do not mix. That is why it was so difficult to take a level picture. I had one hand on the wheel and my eyes on the road while my other hand and peripheral vision were trying to take a good pic. They aren't bad ones as they do should how beautiful it was that day.

 It is on days like that when I truly miss the Okanagan. In comparison the OK is not as green as Victoria, especially in winter. But here on the island we don't get a lot of snow. I miss the snow. The temp in Vernon and area was quite a bit colder than Victoria as well but with all the beauty of snow you don't mind the cold as much. I know that I didn't.

Part of me still wants to move back but with the way my life is right now I am happy on the island and will be here for some time still. I just wish for more sunshine during the winter months. We tend to have a fair amount of overcast days. Although today is making my statement a lie as the sun has come out and the skies have cleared up. So I will sign off here and go out and enjoy it. I LOVE SUNSHINE! I love snow almost as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment