Sunday, April 8, 2012

I'm a busy busy bee!

Busy Bee

I have been so busy this week that I have not had the time I wanted to do my blog entries on a daily basis. I apologized to those of you that read each one. This a my late entry or April 07, 2012. I figure that a late entry is better than none.

Once things start to settle into a more routine like schedule I will be able to continue with my daily entries and any late ones will be a more rare event.

A couple weeks ago I started a new job position at work. It entailed some new training as I would be working with patients with tracheotomies and an orientation to a new work site. I have enjoyed it all. This week was my first rotation in my new position and it has been a blast. This work site allows me to be the LPN I have become and also makes use my old skills from my Care Aide years. I consider that a win/win scenario for me.

It has definitely been tiring as I am using skills that I haven't used in over a year and of course learning all the new routines with my new group of residents. My fellow nurses and care aides have been great. It is nice to work with people that enjoy their jobs and make it fun to be at work. Like I said this is a win/win for me. I won't always be at this site because me position requires that I work at another site as needed; a site that I am already familiar with. Whenever I am assigned to this new place I will be looking forward to working there.

So my week has been one full of new information and the formation of new work relationships with staff and residents. As the time progresses I will be doing my best to expand my skills and become completely comfortable in my new environment. I love my job!

Becoming a nurse was one of the best career moves I have ever made! Yeah Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment