Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Monday entry (a day late).

It was a good day for me yesterday. For the first time in about two weeks I got to sleep in. Oh was that ever nice!! I am more of a night owl than an early bird, so when I get the chance to sleep in I am loving it!

Monday was a nice end to this Easter weekend. I worked all of it but I still had a good time. I had great shifts at work and wonderful evenings at home with my sweetheart.

My boyfriend spent most of the long weekend out and about with friends off-roading with their dirt bikes around the island. He would be home in the evening and we would spend it together once I got home from work.

The Easter Toby
On the Sunday I dressed up the dog (picture to the right) with ears and bunny tail and he became the Easter Toby delivering stuffed bunnies and easter treats to our household. Some think its a bit cruel to dress up your pets like that but Toby is a sweetheart of a dog and as long as you reward him with treats and lots of loving, then he is willing. He is a smart dog and he knew that we were not hurting him in any way and that we loved him for doing it.

A Bunny for my Hunny
When Dan came home his gift basket and bunny that was delivered by the "Easter Toby" was waiting for him on the bed. It was a funny moment when he saw the dog with the ears and discovered his basket. Dan loves presents of stuffed animals and chocolates.

The only thing he complained about was that he wished I had hid the treats around the house and made him go on a Easter egg hunt. I didn't have time this year but promised I would do it next year. He is such a big kid at heart!

He loved his new bunny, the basket, the treats and the sweet card from me. You can see in the picture all the bunny stuff I got him. In the picture you can see his old bunny with the new one and the basket of treats; the card is hiding most of the chocolate that he got and ate that very night. He had such a sugar rush!

I enjoy giving present like this to people I love. Sometimes I plan it out in advance and make it real special. Other times I am spontaneous and make it a nice little surprise. As long as it puts a smile on the face of the one receiving then I am happy.

That is what the spirit of giving is all about!




No comments:

Post a Comment