Monday, February 27, 2012

Flowers in the park.



I was out walking our dog in Summit park today and was wonderfully amazed at the profusion of flowers coming up. Most of them were white and purple crocuses with a few yellow ones thrown in for good measure. I also so saw a fair amount of snow drops still blooming as well. It was nice to see the flowers especially on a sunny day like today.

I was taking pictures of the flowers , as I always seem to be doing, and realized that I could not get a full sense of how many flowers there are with just a single frame picture. I decided to try the panoramic option and that is what you see above and below. Unfortunately it doesn't really look like much unless the pictures are enlarged.

If you look closely you can see the light dusting of white along the ground all across each picture. Mixed in with the white you can see some purple. In the bottom picture in the centre you can see a dark lump, that is the dog. I was trying to get him to go play with his stick elsewhere but he wants to be the centre of attention. He ended up being in the centre of the picture!

One of the things I love about Victoria is that there are so many parks and hidden areas that are undeveloped and it allows for all the wildflowers to flourish every year. It is one of the reasons we are referred to as the "Garden City".

I love my city. There are times when I miss my home town and the friends/family that I have in other places in the province. When I stop to think about where I truly want to be I find that I am already there.

That is a good feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment