Friday, February 17, 2012

Took my Sweetheart out for dinner

The restaurant for our evening out.
Took my Sweetheart out for our belated Valentine's dinner this evening. We both decided that we would avoid going out on Valentine's and just stay in together. That was a great decision as it was insane out there. The original plan was to do our dinner out the night before but he was not feeling well and it was rescheduled for tonight, Friday.

Several weeks previous I had gone out with 3 friends to have a nice dinner at a great restaurant. We all dressed up in ties 'n' shirts and went to this french bistro that I had never been to before. I must say the food was amazing. The decor was good; nothing special. The service was pretty decent, worthy of a nice gratuity. It wasn't overly packed so the noise level was appreciated. It allowed for really nice dinner conversations.

For Valentine's Day I wanted to treat Dan to a nice meal out where the food was worthwhile. Because I had such a great meal at this Bistro I felt it would be the special place for us to go.

Man oh man! Dan can sometimes be a pain. After all the scheduling and rescheduling I went through to book this time for the two of us he says when he got home this afternoon that he didn't really feel like going out.Was he sick again? No. Did he have a long tiring day at work? Not really. Did he have a terrible sleep last night? No again. So I asked what was the deal. It turns out that since he bought a new surround sound stereo equip this week and just got the amp today he wants to stay home and play with it all. I said No! Dinner plans are gonna happen and he can play with his electronic equipment later. He will have all weekend to play with it. His follow up excuse was the crappy weather and I put the kibosh on that too. Weather was irrelevant when going to a sit down place. The food was good as usual. Dan found it a bit too upscale for him. That will be the only time I take him there as it is not his kind of place. He prefers places like Red Robin, Earls, etc.

An eclectic neighbourhood place
Afterwards we went to the James Bay Coffee Co. across the street from the Thriftys grocery to hear a friend perform. There were a few different local talents playing and we enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere after the tasty meal. My friend was one of the last performers and he was pretty damn good. He played a song just for Dan and that was greatly appreciated. It was a nice wrap up to a good evening. Just a night out with my Sweetheart!

Happy Belated Valentine's to Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment