Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I adore crystals and prisms and how they refract light. How they turn sunlight through the window into rainbows on the walls of the room.

I have one hanging in my kitchen window and today the rainbows on the walls put a huge smile on my face. Now that winter is pretty much over I am looking forward to my cheerier moods and happier days. I know that I go on and on about how I love the sunshine. I will continue to go on about it! It is amazing sometimes just how much it truly affects me. Part of it is that I do suffer from Seasonal Affect Disorder (S.A.D.) and part of it is that I have always loved bright colors and rainbows! How can you not love rainbows; one of natures great wonders.

As a gay man rainbows do have an addition significance but that is not what I am talking about today.

I had a great day at work today. Even though I was orientating a new LPN and the work load was a full one, it was a great day. The bike ride home was nice. The weather was sunny and warm and when I got home the sun was shining through the window. In the window I have a crystal that was sparkling madly in the sun and throwing bright rainbow colors all over the place. It just made the smile on my face all the bigger.

Today has been a great day! I really look forward to more of the same in the days to come. Spring is definitely on it way and the dreariness of winter is on its way out! I hope your day was a great one for you too!


If you were interested in learning more about S.A.D. then you should check out the links I have added below.

Seasonal Affect Disorder - Canadian Mental Health
Seasonal Affect Disorder - Wikipedia


No comments:

Post a Comment